Tuesday, March 18, 2014

A SPECIAL TOY NAMED ALFRED

A soft toy "mouse",  fat tummy, wonky seams...

As Mum was making him she said it wasn't turning out very well - she didn't really like him  

BUT I DID!!!

I loved him so much that I often found myself with his pointy little nose in my mouth, he was my buddy.  He had so much more character than anything you could buy from the shops.
 
But just this morning I was helping Mum make her bed and one of the dogs came in with something in their mouth, I recognized the wonky seam of Alfred's falling-off-arms.  I wasn't sure whether to be cross or upset so I just laughed as I knew Mum could fix him.

I went to the room that I sleep in with my brothers to find Alfred so Mum could sew his arm back on.  I found a big pile of bedding, a huge mess of clothes, some bits of Lego, socks (chewed by the dogs and not-chewed ones too) books, pillows ... my brothers have a lot of trouble looking after their things -  but there was no Alfred.  I got very worried.  I looked into the lounge ... I didn't want to look again.  There was Alfred on the floor with huge holes in his back with stuffing all pulled out,  ...to tell the truth I cried.

Mum hugged me and I felt a bit better.  She told the dogs that they were very naughty in a "cross" voice.

One of the dogs stood wagging his tail and the other one shrank away and the other one that is 5 years old (the others are still puppies really) and had nothing to do with it, trotted under the couch and fell asleep.

"Very Naughty.  Look At This!!"  Mum only said a few words and the dogs were told off.  Not surprisingly they haven't chewed anything this morning since then, tell a lie, a doggie tug-of-war-sock.

I took a picture of Alfred before Mum sewed him up, but he is not the same.. I'll get used to him, I hope.



Now that he is mended, and his arms have been put back on, he is almost back to normal, but a bit drippy as Mum cleaned him.  The water was very tea coloured and mucky when she had finished!!

I will take a nice photo of him later when he has been sun-dried, so you can see he has survived this terrible event.

Also - Mum said that out of every tragedy something good happens.   Watch This Space!



**Little Star**

No comments:

Post a Comment